Not that I’d like to feed a tremendous ego, but today we had a great meeting with our company’s CEO, Rick Goings. He’s quite a motivational speaker and should consider writing a book. I don’t think he’ll have a problem finding ways to occupy his time when he retires within the next few years.
He used a few quotes from others and this amazing video of Susan Boyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
Here are some other items I came away with:
Each person is actually two people, the person they are today and the person they can become.
Shit happens – Deal with it!
Responsibility = Response + Ability
You are where you are today because that’s where you want to be.
4 Warrior Training Tips
1. Create a vision of the life you want. (the more vivid the better)
2. Take responsibility for your ATTITUDE at every moment.
3. Take responsibility for your BODY every day.
4. Nurture and grow relationships.
What would you attempt if you knew your could not fail?
If what’s in your dreams isn’t already inside you, how could you ever dream it?
Fill your mind with the best you are, or someone will fill (cloud) it for you.
Make today count. (there are 233 days left to make a difference this year)
Neoteny is an adult’s ability to retain childlike qualities.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW !!!! What a ride!
Find some energizers with music and images (make a playlist with a purpose)
– Rick’s picks include Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, Back in the High Life Again by Steve Winwood and Sultans of Swing by Dire Straights.
– I’d like to add It’s My Life by Bon Jovi, Beautiful Day by U2, and The Distance by Cake. (using Blip.fm makes it easy)
Lastly, get back in touch with someone. You’ll be glad you did.